Marriage, in fact, is a social and legal license to plan your family. The journey of your dream to attaining parenthood is quite exciting. For some, this journey is blissful whereas others traverse through it facing unforeseen obstacles. Take these challenges in a good spirit.
You can improve your chances of getting pregnant naturally once you’ve decided you want to become a parent.
Step-1: Know your menstrual cycle
None can fight with the nature, but if you time your actions, understanding the natural flow, you will be able to achieve desired results.
All women are not alike and their menstrual cycle differs. Even your own cycle would vary from month-to-month. Make a calendar and jot down all the dates of your menstrual cycle. You may delete the month(s), when your menstrual cycle has been irregular. You will get to know the number of days of your menstrual cycle.
Step-2: Know your most fertile days and time your actions
Now that you know your menstrual cycle, it is very easy to calculate your most fertile days. Supposing your periods are of 28 days that means you have more than often menstruating after every 27 days. Now, go back 12 days and then four days, that means 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17 days of your menstrual cycle are the most suitable days when you should be sleeping and partnering with your spouse.
Even otherwise, if you are copulating (having sex) with your spouse, two or more days in a week, you have bright chances of getting pregnant. Needless to say, you are not using any protection against pregnancy.
Step-3: Better your health and lifestyle
Every one of us knows that barring exceptions, healthy parents will give birth to healthy babies. But if you better your health, chances of your conceiving also improve.
You and your spouse should:
- Eat a healthy diet;
- Retain a healthy weight;
- Say no…no… to smoking and any entertaining drugs;
- you are allowed to drink alcohol with restraint;
- work out regularly.
Women should also:
- Take 500 mcg of folic acid each day (folic acid not only improves your pregnancy chances, but also helps in bearing a healthy baby);
- Regular intake of multi-vitamins will better your general health;
- Consult your general physician and get your antenatal blood tests;
- Have the following tests done on you:
- Rubella and Chickenpox
- Blood Group
- Rh factor
- Hepatitis B and C;
- Discuss and review with your physician your current medications and their implications on pregnancy;
Step-4: Call New Life India Clinic for free and confidential advice
It is always good to seek experts’ advice. We have a friendly team of our support staff who will provide you free and confidential counselling. Our support staff and fertility experts are always willing to give their unstinted support. Hundreds of couples who sought their help have attained parenthood.
Call our support team at:
Or, you can email them at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Step-5: Understand your anatomy
If you have crossed 32 years of age and not getting pregnant despite making efforts for it for the last six months, you need to understand why is it not happening. The best course of action for you and your spouse would be to consult an experienced fertility specialist.
The doctor would like to know:
- Your menstrual history;
- Timings of copulation with your partner;
- Any issue relating to the physical closeness;
- Lifestyle issues; and
- Your pregnancy history, if any.
Male appraisal, by and large, includes:
Female examinations may entail:
- Ovulation testing and recognizing most fertile days;
- Examining pelvic organs;
- Tubal patency to know fallopian tubes blockages using ultrasound or laparoscopy;
- Hormone tests, such as Estrogen, Progesterone, FSH and LH;
- Other gynaecological investigations, as required.
Your fertility specialist may ask you to undergo further tests depending on the result of your earlier tests.
Prior to your treatment some tests are important, such as:
- Semen laboratory analysis
- Reproductive hormone levels;
- Immunity level of Rubella is also known as German measles;
- Smallpox immune level;
- Syphilis serology;
- Thyroid function testing;
- Papanicolaou and breast tests to know any risk cancer;
- Hepatitis B &C;
Step 6: Deciding your way to pregnancy
During your follow-up visits, your fertility specialists will open up options available to you based on your investigations. They will let you the best course for improving your chances of conception. The concerns may be with:
- Your ovulation process. (also know signs of ovulation);
- Sperm quality of your spouse;
- Factors relating to egg and sperm unification;
- Implantation issues
The infertility experts may suggest low-budget actions first such as lifestyle changes, timing physical intimacy with your partner etc.
New Life India Clinic wishes you a happy family way.