IVF Treatment at New Delhi
In Vitro, the Latin word meaning In Glass, has these days become a scientific term rather a biological procedure wherein a woman’s egg is fertilized with her partner’s sperm outside the body in a glass tube and again placed back in the uterus in order to establish a successful pregnancy.
In general term, IVF is the treatment for infertility that has failed to respond other medical options and surgical interventions and the baby born with IVF treatment is commonly called as test tube baby. For several couples, it gives the best chance to having a baby.
Main Reasons of Infertility:
- Ovulation Problems & Unsuccessful ovulation induction;
- Sperm abnormalities;
- Blocked Fallopian Tubes;
- Uterine Fibroids;
- Premature Ovarian Failure;
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome; and/or
- Unexplained infertility
Who may benefit from IVF?
- Women with damaged absent/blocked fallopian tubes;
- Men with low sperm count or poor quality of sperm;
- Women and men with unexplained infertility;
How does IVF work?
- With the IVF process, instead of the sperm fertilizing the egg within the body, the fertilization takes place in glass test tube. During the process, an egg from the female partner is placed together with thousands of sperm prepared from an ejaculated semen sample of your male partner in the culture dish in a laboratory.
- Over the next few days, fertilization takes place and the number of embryos formed. For a period of three to five days, the fertilized embryos are developed under expert supervision and then transferred to the woman’s uterus through a simple procedure known as embryo transfer.
- At New Life India Fertility Clinic situated at New Delhi, we usually grow embryos in the laboratory until 5 days or until they reach their Blastocyst stage. All this, for the reason that these embryos are more likely to implant into the uterus if transferred fresh. In case more than one embryo develops we can freeze these for use in the subsequent cycle (s).
10- Step IVF Process at New Life India Clinic, New Delhi
- The Procedure starts with an initial consultation with your fertility specialist. Some initial tests are ordered as per your medical history reviewed and on the basis of test results, treatment is recommended.
- In case IVF is recommended, the doctor will explain you the entire process step by step. You can also ask your queries, if any.
- Once your treatment starts, fertility drugs such as, Gonadotrophin or Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG). FSH & LH hormones collectively are known as Gonadotropin and are prescribed to you to stimulate your ovaries to produce more eggs.
- During the stimulation phase, you will need to attend clinic for ultrasound scans to monitor the number and size of the growing follicles.
- When doctor found follicles have grown sufficiently, you will be call for egg collection process.
- The egg collection process is performed with either ultrasound scan or using laparoscopy and then collected eggs are washed and placed in culture dish;
- At the same time, your partner needs to provide his sperm sample in a private room at the clinic. And then embryologist washed and prepared it for further process;
- Collected eggs and sperm are then cultured for two to six days and then one or two of good quality fertilized embryos will be transferred into the woman’s uterus;
- If any good quality embryo are still leftover, they can be frozen for future use
- After 14 or 16 days, a pregnancy test may be done to confirm if the treatment is successful;
How long the entire process will take?
From the beginning of the treatment to the pregnancy test and depending on the fertility medication protocol, the entire process will take on an average of five to eight weeks.