INFERTILITY IN FEMALE :-
- FOLLICULAR MONITORING- Follicular monitoring or follicular study is a vital component of in-vitro fertilization (IVF) assessment and timing. It basically employs a simple technique for assessing ovarian follicles at regular intervals and documenting the pathway to ovulation.
- HSG (Tube test)- A hysterosalpingogram (HSG) is a procedure that uses an X-ray to look at your fallopian tubes and uterus. It usually takes less than 5 minutes and you can go home the same day. Your doctor will probably do the procedure after your period but before you ovulate, since it’s less likely you’ll be pregnant during this time. This will be during the first half of your cycle, probably between days 1 and 14.
INFERTILITY IN MALE :-
- Sperm Test- A semen analysis, also called “seminogram” evaluates certain characteristics of a male’s semen and the sperm contained therein. It is done to help evaluate male fertility, whether for those seeking pregnancy or verifying the success of vasectomy.
- DNA fragmentation test- The genetic integrity of the sperm is crucial for successful fertilization and normal embryo development. Sperm DNA fragmentation is a term used to denote when the genetic material within the sperm is abnormal, which in turn may lead to male subfertility and IVF failure.
- Tesa/Mesa- TESA or testicular sperm aspiration is performed by inserting a needle in the testis and aspirating fluid and tissue with negative pressure. The aspirated tissue is then processed in the embryology laboratory and the sperm cells extracted are used for ICSI.
Microsurgical Epididymal Sperm Aspiration (MESA) is used in conditions like obstructive azoospermia, involves dissection of the epididymis under the operating microscope and incision of a single tubule. Fluid spills from the Epididymal tubule and pools in the Epididymal bed. This pooled fluid is then aspirated. Because the epididymis is richly vascularized, this technique invariably leads to contamination by blood cells that may affect sperm fertilizing capacity in vitro.
- Sperm Donor program- Sperm donation is a procedure in which a man donates semen — the fluid containing sperm that is released during ejaculation — to help an individual or a couple conceive a baby.